Giving your home a front entrance makeover can be a great way to improve its overall appearance and increase the value of your Burlington property. One popular option is to use natural stone for the steps, walkway, and porch. Not only does this look great, but it also has many practical benefits. This blog post will explore some advantages of using natural stone for your front entrance makeover and some options to consider.
Advantages of Using Natural Stone for Your Front Entrance Makeover
Some advantages of using natural stone for your front entrance makeover include:
- Natural stone is durable and long-lasting.
- Natural stone is easy to maintain.
- Natural stone can increase the value of your home.
- Natural stone is slip resistant.
- Natural stone is environmentally friendly.
Options to Consider When Using Natural Stone for Your Front Entrance Makeover
Types of Natural Stone
As mentioned previously, many different types of natural stone are available, so you will want to choose one that fits the style of your home and your budget. Some popular options include:
- Granite: Granite is a popular option for front entrance makeovers because it is durable and has a high-quality appearance.
- Limestone: Limestone is another popular option for front entrance makeovers. It is less expensive than granite and has a softer, more natural appearance.
- Slate: Slate is a durable option that comes in various colours.
- Marble: Marble is another popular option for front entrance makeovers. It is beautiful and classic, but it can be expensive.
- Sandstone: Sandstone is a durable option that comes in a variety of colours.
Colour of Natural Stone
Natural stone comes in a variety of popular colours, including:
You will want to choose a colour that compliments the exterior of your home. For example, if your home is white, you may want to use gray or black natural stone. If your home is brown, you may want to use tan or beige natural stone.
Size and Shape of Natural Stone
The size and shape of the stone you use will depend on the overall design of your front entrance makeover. Some popular options include:
Square: Square stones are a popular choice for front entrance makeovers because they are easy to install and have a clean, classic look.
Rectangle: Rectangle stones are another popular option because they can be used to create a variety of different designs.
Round: Round stones are a less common choice, but they can add a unique element to your front entrance makeover.
The above are just a few things to keep in mind when giving your home a front entrance makeover using natural stone! Be sure to do your research and consult with professionals to get the best results for your home.
Are you ready to get started on your front entrance makeover using natural stone? Let us help you explore your options. Call us today to arrange for a consultation and a free quote.